Quick-Step Repair Kit for QuickStep Laminate Flooring and Quick-Step Engineered Flooring.
Light damage can easily be repaired in the original colour with the Quick-Step Repair Kit. Simply recreate the colour of your damaged planks with one of the seven wax pieces selected to cover all QuickStep colours.
The repair kit contains a melting knife, a cleaning comb and seven wax blocks to cover all floor colours. Melt off small portions of different colours of wax and mix them to match with your floor. Then apply to damaged area.
Here are the steps to repair minor damages to your laminate floor using the repair kit:
- Use the tip of a plastic wedge to remove the protruding edges of the scratches on the surface of the floor
- The damaged area should be clean, dry and free from grease
- Choose matching colour shades. Depend on the surface, several colours can be used and mixed together to obtain further shades. Always start with the lightest colour and continue with a darker shade.
- Turn on the melting knife
- Slightly overfill the affected area
- Clean the melter tip after each melting process
- After approx. 30 seconds, use the cleaning comb with the pointed grooves to remove excess material on the surface of the floor
- After each use, clean planer grooves with the cleaning comb at the melter cap
- Directly afterwards the surface is lightly sanded using a grey abrasive pad
- Use the leading edge of the planer to rework the structure of the surface, if necessary
- Part of the cleaning comb is the white/green pad. White side is used to reduce the sheen level and green side is for polishing.